Facts & Information
Online resources for finding books, articles, useful websites, and helpful information.
- City of East Moline
- Illinois Approved Court Forms
- IRS Website
- IL Tax Website
- IL DMV
Find product and auto reviews, shopping tips, information about recalls, and consumer-protection agencies.
Buying Guides & General Advice
- Consumer Reports: A lot of free and useful information is available, but a paid subscription is required for product reviews and ratings.
- ConsumerSearch: “Reviewing the reviews.” Compiles and analyzes product reviews from magazines and websites. Great starting point.
- Epinions.com: Products rated by people who bought them.
Cars & Trucks
- Autolist: Offers the largest selection of new and used cars in the United States (larger than Autotrader and Cargurus). Whether you’re looking for a cheap car or truck, use our tools to analyze car prices, read reviews, research pricing history, and search over 24,000,000 listings.
- Car & Driver: Includes the magazine’s road tests and reviews, interactive vehicle comparisons, and Kelley Blue Book values.
- Edmunds.com: Reviews, comparisons, price and value information, and tips for buying new or used vehicles.
- The Truth About Cars: Detailed reviews, written with a sense of humor.
Consumer Protection & Complaints
- AnnualCreditReport.com: The place to get a no-obligation, free copy of your credit report from all three major reporting companies.
- Better Business Bureau: Includes complaints against companies, fraud alerts, and general tips.
- Consumer Protection Division: Part of the Illinois Attorney General’s office.
- Recalls.gov: Product recalls and safety information from the federal government.
Senior Citizen Help & Information
Reputable sources for information about health and medicine.
- MedlinePlus: A medical super-site from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Includes extensive information and links on hundreds of conditions and health issues, drug descriptions, a medical encyclopedia, surgery videos, and more.
- HealthFinder.gov: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ guide to health information.
- NIH SeniorHealth: Information for older adults, from the National Institutes of Health.
- Help.org: Free, nonbiased information on rehab facilities and drug addiction.
Library Catalogs & Libraries
If you have a Library Card, we’ll borrow items from other libraries for you! Delivery from most Illinois libraries is free.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections: A large number of pamphlets, letters, historic documents, pictures, early films and recordings, and other items are available online.
Illinois and Local History
Online documents, photos, articles, and other information about the history of Illinois and the local area.
Find Facts Fast
Encyclopedias, almanacs, dictionaries, statistics, and other sites for quickly looking up facts.
- World Factbook: The CIA’s book of country profiles.