East Moline Library appreciates the many people who wish to support their library by donating
books, DVDs, CDs, and other materials. Please note the following guidelines for donating items:
We Can Accept:
- Hardback books for children, teens, and adults: (Within the last ~10-15 years)
- Paperback books: (Both trade and mass market paperbacks)
fiction and nonfiction: (no outdated reference books- see below);
within the past 10- 15 years and in good shape. (no pages missing or badly torn pages
no covers missing; no dirty, stained, or yellowed condition)
- Popular nonfiction books such as cookbooks, biographies, or history (also in good condition as above)
- DVDs and Blue Rays (fiction and nonfiction)
- Audiobooks on CD/or DVD
- Music CDs
- Puzzles (with all the pieces)
- Day Planners and Calendars of the current year
- We take magazines: Weeklies: 6 month publish date and forward; Monthlies: 1 year publish date and forward
We Cannot Accept:
- Textbooks of any kind.
- Reader’s digest condensed books.
- Books in poor condition:
(moldy, smelly, stained, yellowed, dirty, missing/torn pages and/or cover, or other damage materials)
- Series of past yearly consolidated magazines.
- Cassette music tapes, 8-track tapes, or any defunct formats
- Newspapers or catalogs
A receipt can be given for the number of books donated. An estimate of the value of the donated materials will be up the donor. The library is unable to access the value of donated items.